Sustainability DIYS Soap
Sustainable packaging is important for DIYS Soap. We devote attention to it in the following ways:
- Collect 5 empty glass containers (check eligibility on product page) and return in store for €5 store credit
- Most of our products are not supplied in plastic, but in glass jars and bottles. These jars and bottles can be reused at home or they can be recycled.
- Glass is a really good material because it is easy to clean for reuse.
- DIYS Soap only uses containers from PLA bioplastic, which are made from maize and are 100% degradable*.
- The cardboard we use is made from 80% recycled cardboard. The remaining 20% consists of the new paper. **
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Suppliers often deliver their products well packaged. We never throw away this packaging material and always reuse it. It may even be included in the packaging for your order!
We have a variety of zero-waste bathroom and travel products available for purchase. Of course, the best option is always to use what you already have, but if you are looking for a soap dish or travel container for your shampoo bar there are several beautiful reusable options to choose from. The concept behind these products is that they are reused again and again. At the end of their use, they can be composted or upcycled.
*Compostable certified according to EU-norm EN-13432
** Because of recycling the paper fibres become shorter. After recycling approximately five times, the fibre becomes too short that as a result there is only dust. To keep the production cycle of paper going, a new portion (not yet recycled) of raw material is always needed. The trees that our supplier uses for this purpose come mainly from Scandinavia. In the ecologically managed forests, two new trees are planted for every tree cut down.